dōTERRA® International, LLC is a company headquartered in Pleasant Grove, Utah that produces and distributes exceptionally high quality CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils through more than a million independent distributors, also known as Wellness Advocates, around the world. In addition to a premium line of essential oils used by individuals and health-care professionals alike, the company also offers products that are naturally safe, purely effective, and infused with CPTG essential oils, including personal care and spa products, nutritional supplements, and healthy living products.
In the spring of 2008, a group of health-care and business professionals who shared profound personal experiences with the life-enhancing benefits of essential oils came together with a common vision of bringing a new standard of therapeutic-grade essential oils to the world. They wanted something different that would appeal to all people—from those who knew nothing of essential oils to those who were considered experts in the field.
They concluded that, with hard work, commitment, and the help of others with similar passion and vision, they could and would create a new paradigm for essential oils. With that conviction, they organized a company and named it “dōTERRA®,” a Latin derivative meaning “Gift of the Earth.” The first offering of dōTERRA essential oils—25 single oils and 10 oil blends—was introduced for sale on April 25, 2008, to the acclaim of essential oil experts and product enthusiasts who immediately recognized the superior quality of dōTERRA therapeutic-grade essential oils.
In addition to the ongoing development of new essential oils and proprietary essential oil blends, dōTERRA product offerings include nutritional, spa, and healthy living products based on essential oil technologies and a comprehensive wellness philosophy.
dōTERRA products are sold exclusively through Wellness Advocates. Working from home, these advocates introduce, educate about, and sell dōTERRA products in their local markets through person-to-person contact and globally through personalized web shopping sites.
- May 2008 – dōTERRA founded
- December 2008 – dōTERRA reaches $1 million in sales
- November 2009 – dōTERRA has first $1 million month
- Throughout 2012 – dōTERRA has regular $1 million days
- March 2013 – dōTERRA breaks ground on state-of-the-art corporate headquarters
- July 2014 – dōTERRA reaches more than 1,000,000 Wellness Advocates
- August 2014 – dōTERRA corporate headquarters Phase 1 completed
Industry Leading Retention:
dōTERRA enjoys a 65 percent retention rate, compared to a direct selling industry average near 10 percent. After joining dōTERRA, 65 percent of all customers reorder, continue to share dōTERRA products, or build a dōTERRA business. Why?
- Customers and Wellness Advocates are satisfied with product value
- High satisfaction levels lead to a desire to share products and success with others
- Product sales leaders recognize the value of dōTERRA’s powerful compensation plan
CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® — An Innovative Standard:
dōTERRA CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils represent the safest and most beneficial oils available in the world today. For an oil to be CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade the oil must be:
- Pure and natural, with aromatic compounds carefully extracted from plants
- Free from fillers or artificial ingredients; no dilution of active qualities
- Free of contaminants, pesticides, or chemical residues
- Rigorously tested for standards of chemical composition
- Cross tested using mass spectrometry and gas chromatography to ensure exact purity and composition potency
- Sourced by a global network of leading essential oil chemists and growers to ensure correct species, growth in ideal environments, and that raw plant materials were carefully harvested at the right time
Learn more about CPTG by visiting this page.